Monday, June 21, 2010

Recently, I have been suffering from a severe and painful case of writers block. Even more recently, I have come to the conclusion that the cause of this said illness is not due to my lack of interesting ideas but because of the enormous amount of much pressure I have placed on myself to make my writing interesting. My life is interesting. My job is interesting. I am interesting. What more inspiration do I really need?

If you ask me, goals are mighty important and the best way to hold yourself accountable in relation to these goals is to share them with others. I am hoping that by sharing the following goals with my readers ( I am aware that I at the moment only have one follower but I am hopful that eventually it will be appropriate for me to use this word in the plural form) that I will be more likely to stick to them.

Goal #1- I will write a minimum of 5 posts a week. Ideally, I would like to write 7 days a week, but I know that there are going to be a few days that I will not have access to a computer and it is not healthy to set unrealistic goals.
Goal#2- I will not put any topic on an off-limits list. Personally, I think that the most interesting things to write/talk about are the ones that are suppossed to stay hushhush. With that being said, if you are easily offended this may not be a great match for your entertainment.
Goal#3 Usually, I tihnk that the blogs that have a common theme are the most interesting and I would like to eventually create a common theme for my entries. Ultimately, this may require me to cut this blog and start a new one altogether... we will just have to wait and see. I am hoping that writing about my everyday adventures will eventually lead to a genious idea of a common thread. Until then, ideas and suggestions are welcomed.

Here it does. The start of something new and different.

No comments: